Every school in the country will be given a unique UDISE code. If a new school is established, the school needs to get a UDISE code for establishing the unique identity in the UDISE+ records. School should undertake the following steps:
- The school user should approach district MIS officer with requisite documentation especially recognition letter of the school. This is applicable for both recognized and unrecognized schools.
- District MIS user will apply for UDISE code through the "School Directory Management" in the UDISE+ system and the request would flow to the state MIS user for approval.
- State MIS user will verify the application and request for any clarification to district level. State level user is the sole authority for approval of UDISE code generation for the school.
- Once verification gets completed at state MIS level, the application is sent to Ministry of Education for UDISE code generation.
- The UDISE code generation process takes approx. a week to get completed